🎸“It’s all about me”🎸
I normally do a wrap up at the end of the month, but the last two in quarantine haven’t been the best reading wise. So, I thought what I could do was a general update of myself that no one asked for and then my hobbies which is basically what this whole blog is about!
- I generally wake up at 10/11am… then stay in bed for like 6hrs doing nothing or just falling back to sleep.
- I get up and eat.
- I watch a Thai drama, random YouTube videos or just listen to music thinking of all the things I could and should be doing.
- Take my dog for a 30 min walk.
- I go to bed around 3am.
- And repeat.
Also, this is my son, Darcy ♥ I try to take pictures on walks but he has a sixth sense with cameras and moves his head!
In conclusion, I spend too much time asleep/in bed 😂
Books & O.W.L.’s
… I had such high hopes for April… and then it lasted like 3 days. March lasted 10 years. How?! And the motivation to read is just not there. I just don’t have the attention span because I feel useless and like a nuisance to my family as I’m not making money anymore.
Anyway, I had a 12 book tbr for the O.W.L.’s Readathon. I know for a fact that I won’t finish a book in the next two days, which means I will have read 3 books in April (2 of which were re-reads):
- Koyasan; Darren Shan – A short story
- Alice in the Country of Hearts Vol 1; QuinRose & Soumei Hoshino – A manga
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles; Agatha Christie – A book just under 250 pages
I am currently reading 2 other books for the O.W.L.’s:
- The Lady Rogue; Jenn Bennett – I’m really enjoying this one. It’s fun, interesting and fast paced. I’ve found that I can dip in and out of it when I feel like reading.
- Hollow Earth; John and Carole E. Barrowman – This has potential, and the abilities of the twins is really cool. However, my god is the boy twin is so annoying. People are coming to potentially kill them and he’s like “I don’t want to do what you say, mum. It’s your fault dad left.” like, really?!
I’m also still “reading” Labyrinth; Kate Mosse – I’m over 400 pages in and it’s okay, not that great – and Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell; Susanna Clarke… let’s just move on 🙃
I did a “Currently Watching” post last month and out of the 5 K-Dramas, I have completed two in late March:
- Suspicious Partner
- I really enjoyed this one! The ending was meh, but the characters and twists concerning the “villain” *chef’s kiss* ♥
- Love Lasts Forever
- Again, this one was super cute. Certain aspects weren’t my fave and the ending (again) was a bit disappointing, but overall it’s super enjoyable!
I’m behind on all my challenges relating to Korean Dramas. I have the same issue with them as books. I feel like I can’t concentrate or even find the motivation to watch them. A lot of episodes are an hour long and my brain is like, nah mate.
Thai Dramas on the other hand are normally 45-ish minutes and 12 episodes. They go by so quickly and honestly the plots don’t really need me to think. Another thing is that I can feel accomplished by watching an entire drama in a day despite starting my day at like 4-5pm 😂 I’m currently doing a Bl Bingo Board and since I started it at the tail end of March – beginning of April, I have watched 11! And I’ll probably finish another in the two days left of this month (maybe even 2).
Finished Dramas in March & April:
After taking more than 30 mins to make this above picture, I remembered that I also watched Sound of Your Heart: Reboot this month which stars Kwon Yuri and Sung Hoon 😅
Plans for May
I want to go into May with better expectations.
I’m going to carry on with the O.W.L.’s. I would get extra time in my exams in University, so I’m replicating that in my readathon’s because it honestly doesn’t matter. There is no readathon police.
I’m going to aim for a better sleep schedule which means more time to actually do things during the day. I’ve been slacking on posts simply because I haven’t been watching dramas, I haven’t been reading to talk about books and I don’t have any talent to share 😂
I’m going to aim to read 50 pages a day because 100 is actually so many considering my reading speed. 50 pages will generally take me anywhere between 1hr and 1hr and a half. Two of my best friends can read an entire book in that time and I will forever be envious! I take ten times that long and I have trouble remembering the main character’s name after like a week and they’re talking about plot?… Can’t relate 😂
Drama wise, I’ll probably still end up binge watching a Thai drama every other day, but I want to watch at least 2 episodes of a K Drama every other day! That isn’t asking much of myself when literally all I have is time. That’s potentially two dramas in the month (or a good chunk of the 50 episode drama I’m currently watching for a challenge).
Hopefully, this means I can get at least 3 different posts written each week. I need to find something to fill the void of the 2010’s Kpop Billboard List reviews I have been doing. It may potentially be Kpop MV reviews, chart reviews or Immortal Songs 2 reactions.
What would you like to see?
How has you April been? I hope you’ve been doing well and keeping safe ♥
Thanks for reading!