drama plans || 2021
- https://getinformed.carrd.co/ This is an incredible carrd with information and resources about many of the issues the world is going through right now!
- I find Twitter an extremely useful tool in finding information about these injustices and ways to help. As well as Change.org for petitions!
I watched a lot more dramas in 2020 than I thought I would, but at the same not as many as I probably should considering all the time I had on my hands 😅
In 2021 I want to finish a lot more, especially the Korean dramas I’ve already started – and enjoyed – but ended up putting on the back burner for some reason. I’ve also started a few challenges that I want complete.
These two topics are kind of embarrassing to talk about because I’m so behind, so instead I’m starting with the Alphabet Challenge!! I’m nothing if not predictable 😂 And considering how my county is now in Tier 4 because England has a new strain of Covid – I love the country being run by moronic Tories… if my mental health stays kind of okay I’ll potentially have a lot of time to get through these.
Oh and I will say that I want to focus more on Kdrama’s so most, if not all, in this post are those – however, I always see drama’s from other parts of South East Asia on my timeline and will inevitably watch some random ones throughout the year – I’m currently watching the Japanese drama Cherry Magic. And if you have any recommendations, let me know ♥
Compiling this list took me so long, I probably could have watched a whole drama using that time 😅 I’m not sure whether I’m going to go from A to Z or pick and choose depending on my mood, what do you think?
- I couldn’t find a Kdrama that starts with a Z, so I’m using that slot for a drama that starts with a number.
- The little snippets of synopsis and kdrama posters are from MyDramaList~
“Abyss is about a man and a woman who tragically die and are given another chance at life through soul-reviving marbles in a magical abyss. Go Se Yeon (Park Bo Young) and Cha Min (Ahn Hyo Seop) begin to work as a lawyer and an administrator at a private law firm and decide to investigate the magical incident.”
- I’ve wanted to check this one out for a while. The concept looks really interesting and I’m hoping for a good mix of emotions.
- I’ve seen some videos on YouTube that make me so excited for the couple and the humour elements.
Beautiful World (2019)
“This drama is about a boy on the edge of life and death, and his family’s quest to find the truth. Amidst the lies and secrets, mistrust and pain, the family looks for hope in this crazy world.”
- I can already anticipate the pain I will be in throughout this drama.
Crowned Clown, The (2019)
“Joseon is in a state of disorder due to uprisings and a power struggle surrounding King Yi Heon. To avoid assassination, a clown named Ha Sun is brought to the palace to take the place of King Yi Heon.”
- The Crowned Clown looks stunning and my body is ready!
- Yeo Jin Goo’s acting looks superb in the trailers and fan made video’s I’ve seen. I’m so excited!
Drinking Solo (2016)
“The story depicts people drinking alcohol alone for different reasons and the romance between Jin Jeong Seok (Ha Seok Jin) and Park Ha Na (Park Ha Sun).”
- Not going to lie, Key is my main reason to watch this 😅
Extraordinary You (2019)
Eun Dan Oh (Kim Hye Yoon) “discovers she is only a supporting character in the cast. With her newfound understanding of the world she inhabits, she is determined to find true love in her own plot-line and circumvent the author’s plans for her character by utilizing the flashes of storyboard she alone is able to see.”
- After watching Lost Romance, this drama has become more interesting to me. I like the idea of a character trying to change into the protagonist of a story!
- I also watched some fan made video’s and realised there was a lot more involved in the plot that has me very intrigued.
Flower Crew Joseon Marriage Agency (2019)
“Hiring the best matchmaking agency in Joseon, Lee Soo (Seo Ji Hoon) asks the talented Flower Crew to transform his first love into a noblewoman. Accepting the king’s request, Ma Hoon (Kim Min Jae), Do Joon (Byun Woo Seok), and Go Young Soo (Park Ji Hoon) take Gae Ddong (Gong Seung Yeon) into their care. There’s just one problem, transformations like this aren’t easy and there’s a lot of work to do!”
- I love a good sageuk and this one looks cute ♥
God’s Quiz S1 (2010)
“Han Jin Woo (Ryu Deok Hwan), Korea’s top medical examiner, leads a team of experts in conducting a medical crime investigation after strange events and mysterious deaths occur in a hospital. He first clashes with but is later aided by Kang Kyung Hee (Yoon Joo Hee), an attractive female detective who possesses excellent skill in martial arts and a strong sense of justice.”
- I’ve watched this drama before and loved it. But, of course I didn’t end up continuing… so my goal is to start from the beginning and actually finish the originals and then watch the reboot that takes place 4 years after series 4 I believe.
He is Psychometric (2019)
“After losing his parents in a fire, Lee Ahn (Park Jin Young) acquires the power of psychometry, the ability to read a person or an object’s past through physical contact, and he decides to use it to take bad people down.”
- I love crime dramas and the little supernatural twist sounds really cool.
Itaewon Class (2020)
“Park Saeroyi’s (Park Seo Joon) life has been turned upside down after he gets expelled from school for punching a bully and his father is killed in an accident. Following his father’s steps, he opens a pub named “DanBam” in Itaewon and, along with his manager and staff, strive towards success and reaching greater heights.”
- This drama had a huge amount of hype while it was airing and honestly I had no idea what it was about despite seeing it everywhere on my timeline.
- I’m more interested now I’ve actually looked into it, and I’m always here for a Park Seo Joon moment ♥
“Lee Tae Kyung (Choi Jin Hyuk) is a star lawyer with the best win rate. He is able to win cases by using his sharp logic and intelligent speeches. He amasses power and wealth by dealing with clients who are part of the elite class.”
- I’m wary of starting this one as it looks so intense, but at the same time looks amazing. The cast is great!
Kingdom S2 (2020)
“In an attempt to save the people during the plague and regain his right to the throne, Crown Prince Lee Chang (Joo Ji Hoon) pursues Jo Hak Joo (Ryu Seung Ryong) to overthrow him, while the Queen (Kim Hye Joon) is in a race against time to produce an heir to the throne.”
- I really liked the first series, so I need to finally catch up with the second one!
Life on Mars (2018)
“As leader of a crime investigation team, Han Tae Joo (Jung Kyung Ho) has propelled his career and risen through the ranks by trusting data over all else. One day, while investigating a serial murder case, he has an accident. When he wakes up, he suddenly finds himself in the winter of 1988. He doesn’t know why, but he’s now a detective appointed to work at a police station in a small city. To get back to the present day, Han Tae Joo tries to solve the case.”
- Life on Mars is a good BBC series, so I’m looking forward to seeing what the South Korean version looks like. I’m expecting it to be less “freaky” 😂
- The cast looks wonderful as well!
Ms. Hammurabi (2018)
“Park Cha Oh Reum (Go Ah Ra) is a newly appointed judge who is assigned to the 44th Civil Affairs Department at the Seoul Central District. She is always on the lookout for injustice and is able to profoundly empathize with others.”
- This drama looks so wholesome and fun.
- I also have a soft spot for Myungsoo ♥
Neighbourhood Lawyer Mr Jo (2016)
“Once a star prosecutor with a bright future, Jo Deul Ho (Park Shin Yang) loses everything after becoming a whistleblower against the intolerable corruption he witnesses. He instead rebuilds his life as a lawyer at a small neighbourhood law practice, committed to justice and protecting the innocent.”
- This looks ridiculous 😂
One Spring Night (2019)
“Jung In (Han Ji Min) discovers that she has forgotten her wallet and cannot pay. Ji Ho (Jung Hae In) kindly helps Jung In, despite her prickly personality. What begins as an innocent daily interaction, develops into a deeper attachment as the two find themselves drawn to one another. They embark on a secret friendship while navigating the minefield of familial and societal expectations.”
- This looks to be a really charming romance drama.
Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food (2018)
“Joon Hee (Jung Hae In) is Jin Ah’s younger brother childhood friend, who used to live next door. Jin Ah (Son Ye Jin) has always remembered him as a little kid, but one day, he comes back as a really masculine man. When she is surprised by his change, her gut feeling tells her that she would truly fall in love this time.”
- Another Jung Hae In drama. This one looks really sweet as well~
Queen of Mystery S2 (2018)
“Housewife-turned-investigator Yoo Seol Ok (Choi Kang Hee) and passionate detective Wan Seung (Kwon Sang Woo) collaborate to solve mysterious cases and cure the hearts of those who were wounded by crimes along the way.”
- I’m not sure why I never got round to watching this second series, so I’m using this challenge to finally do so.
Romance is a Bonus Book (2019)
“Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk) is a successful and handsome writer who is also the youngest chief editor at a publishing company. He has a calm demeanour and remains reasonable at work. He then becomes involved in the life of his childhood friend, Kang Dan Yi (Lee Na Young) who was once a popular copywriter.”
- Do I need another reason to watch a drama other than Lee Jong Suk being the main lead? Nope, no I don’t 😂
Secret Life of My Secretary, The (2019)
“Do Min Ik (Kim Young Kwang) is an intelligent, perfectionist man with a heart of stone and the Chief of Team 1 at T&T Mobile Media who always relies on his secretary, the hot-tempered Jung Gal Hee (Jin Ki Joo). Although she diligently carries out the tasks her mean boss instructs her to do, she does not hold back in saying what she wishes to say. Will an office romance blossom?”
- This was another I saw all over the place, but didn’t really know what it was about. After actually doing some research I have a feeling that it has potential to be one of my favourites!
Team Bulldog: Off-Duty Investigation (2020)
“Known as an enthusiastic and impressively effective detective, Jin Kang Ho (Cha Tae Hyun) will stop at nothing to catch the criminals he’s assigned to pursue. Using any means necessary, Kang Ho goes above and beyond the call of duty to bring in the bad guys. While his gung ho attitude makes him an outstanding detective, it makes getting along with his colleagues a bit difficult.”
- I adore a rag tag team, especially ones who solve crimes!
Universe’s Star, The (2017)
“Byul (Ji Woo) is a female Grim Reaper whose job is to guide dead souls to the afterworld. When she meets her favourite singer Woo Joo (Suho), who is expected to die soon, she decides to save him. In the process, she discovers the light in her soul and learns about the importance of relationships in a drama that transcends space and time.”
- This is from the writer + director of Splash Splash Love – Kim Ji Hyun – so I’m very excited for this!
Vampire Detective (2016)
“Private detective Yoon San (Lee Joon) suddenly becomes a vampire. He solves various cases for his clients while also trying to uncover the mystery surrounding himself while maintaining his secret identity as he solves cases using his unique abilities!”
- I’ve been meaning to watch this for years, but have always been put off for some reason. I love me some vampires and it might fill some part of the gaping hole that Vampire Prosecutor has left me (yes I’m not over that and never will be).
Welcome to Waikiki S1 (2018)
“Dong Goo (Kim Jung Hyun), the bad luck incarnate who dreams of becoming a film director, Joon Ki (Lee Yi Kyung), an eccentric actor who performs to make a living, and Doo Shik (Son Seung Won), a freelancer writer who fiddles around doing nothing most of the time – open a guest house named “Waikiki” in Itaewon where many foreigners come to stay. Although they have no clue how to run it, they’re eager to earn money to pay for the production of their upcoming film.”
- I started watching this with my friends a few years ago and it was hilarious. I’m not sure why I never continued, but I’m going to rectify that!
“Yoon Na Na (Ahn Hee Yeon) is a well-regarded bartender at XX bar. Her dream is to own XX bar. One day, the new owner of XX appears in Yoon Na Na. She is Lee Roo Mi (Hwang Seung Eon). The two women were best friends 5 years ago, but something happened between them. Yoon Na Na became upset at Lee Roo Mi. Now, Lee Roo Mi tries to make up with Yoon Na Na, but it’s not easy.”
- I know nothing about this drama… it was the only one I could find that started with an X 😂
Yong Pal (2015)
“Kim Tae Hyeon (Joo Won) is a talented surgeon. Desperate for money to pay his sister’s medical bills, he adopts the code name Yong Pal and offers his medical skills to those in need of medical attention but who cannot do so publicly, dealing with gangsters and corrupt plutocrats.”
- I like Joo Won as an actor and this looks quite cool.
Z – 100 Days My Prince (2018)
“The love story of Hong Shim (Nam Ji Hyun), ‘Joseon’s oldest unmarried woman,’ and Lee Yul (Do Kyung Soo), the amnesiac Crown Prince.”
- Kyungsoo and Nam Ji Hyun as main leads… in a sageuk… with the amnesia trope and fake marriage?! Sign me up!
Idol Actors: SNSD Challenge
So, I started the Idol Actor Challenge with the SNSD members: Yoona, Sooyoung, Yuri and Seohyun in December of last year. Honestly, I’m not doing too well. And they’ve each come out with more dramas since then… My plan is to keep working through the ones on my list: Idol Actors: SNSD and if I can I’ll also try to watch some of their newer work. My priority is the list though~
I’ve watched several episodes of Sooyoung’s Man in the Kitchen and the first episode of Seohyun’s Bad Thief, Good Thief before. I need to get into the headspace of long dramas! These are both 50 episodes and I’ve never managed to finish a drama this length… 😅
Rom-Com Watchlist: Valentine’s Edition
This is a challenge I started in February of this year and I had hoped to be nearly done for Valentine’s Day of 2021 (you can see the original post here~) It’s looking unlikely as I’ve only completed 3 out of 12… I will say I have enjoyed each one so far ♥
The 3 I’ve watched are Suspicious Partner, Healer and I’m Not a Robot~
My plans have obviously changed, so I just hope to watch the 9 dramas throughout the year.
I’ve started My Love From the star and it fell to the wayside because I didn’t really like it… I’m going to give it another go, and hopefully, it will draw me in!
Finishing/Rewatching to Complete Dramas I’ve started
This section is rather embarrassing, so please don’t judge me too badly 😅
I have started a lot of dramas and I have a bad habit of not finishing them. But, next year I’m going to start them from the beginning and finally finish them all!
I’m including Goblin in this because I’m not sure if I’ll end up finishing before the end of the year. I’m also around halfway through Investigation Couple S1 because I was feeling in the mood for a procedural crime drama – I’m hoping to finish it this month, but included it here just in case (and it nicely rounds the number up to 10 haha).
I just want to quickly explain about 3 of the above dramas. I used to do episode recaps when I first started this blog. They are incredibly time consuming and I found that it made watching dramas somewhat tedious and unenjoyable, so I stopped. When I did so, I still had 3 unfinished projects.
This pains me to say… I started The Scholar Who Walks the Night and I Remember You in 2015 – and then Go Princess Go in 2016… I NEED to complete these if I do nothing else in this post!
What are your watching plans for 2021? Do you have any challenges? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading! I hope you’re having a lovely day and staying safe ♥
Pingback: War Games Read-a-Thon || TBR + TBW – DramaRambles 🌸
Pingback: Mid Year Drama Check In || Tag – DramaRambles 🌸