This is the second post in my Thai Bl Bingo Board journey! If you’d like to see my first part, click here ♥
As of today (writing this post) I have watched 10 bl’s and my board currently looks like this:
(Source: @atplipsthicc previously @GUNXATP ♥)
SOTUS S (2017; 13 episodes):
This was the first time I’ve watched this series as I’ve always been afraid it would ruin the preciousness of SOTUS. Plus, I hadn’t heard the best things… But I loved it! ♥
SOTUS S has a slow start and I don’t think it’s as good as the first series, but Arthit’s development was wonderful. Again, I am mostly just watching for Kongphob and Arthit, but the new environment – of being in the workplace – makes for a more interesting storyline and the plot definitely shines more.
I see a lot of people moaning about the chemistry and lack of skinship in Sotus and Sotus S – especially as they have now been dating for 3 years. But like, was I watching the same thing? They made so many innuendos and the sexual tension was there, it’s just that the character of Arthit is shy and it’s not an aspect of the relationship that is shown. It doesn’t take away from how cute this couple are and honestly I didn’t notice ♥
There were other characters that I was quite happy to meet and see, but again they weren’t well established. Day and Tew were a new couple and it was like I blinked and suddenly Day was being nice (also Fiat is so smol, but his voice is soo deep!!).
Also, always watch the end of these episodes! There are “special scenes” and they are so cute and definitely helped when things got a bit sadder. Overall, I highly recommend this series! Sotus is so wholesome and unproblematic in a genre that is so riddled with problematic behaviour.
Our Skyy (2018; 5 episodes):
Our Skyy is a collection of one shot episodes with couples from popular GMMTV bl dramas. To be honest, I was mostly excited for the Sotus episode – which was the last one.
- Episode 1: Pick & Rome from Puppy Honey
I have seen a lot of Off and Gun content – but not their acting – and I wasn’t interested in Puppy Honey… so I went into this blind. This was a strange, fun, little body swap story. It could have been cuter, as they argued for a lot longer than I liked. However, it did make me more excited to watch Theory of Love~
- Episode 2: In & Sun from My Dear Loser: Edge of 17
Again, I haven’t seen My Dear Loser, nor was I familiar with the actors. This story was about a couple that was not yet established and the conflict was In having to come to terms with his feelings for Sun and being public with them. There were some cute moments, but it didn’t make me want to check My Dear Loser out…
- Episode 3: Mork & Tee from My Tee the Series
Mork and Tee were fresh in my mind as I watched their series for my last update. This was definitely my favourite so far, but it was a little frustrating. Mork and Tee are coming up to their 3 year anniversary and these idiots want to surprise each other, but are just causing misunderstandings. Considering it has been 3 years, I wish that we could have seen Tee be more confident in their relationship. Even so, the ending had me smiling like an idiot because it was so cute!
- Episode 4: Pete & Kao from Kiss the Series/ Kiss Me Again
I haven’t seen this series, but GMMTV knew what the people wanted so I’ve seen their compilations of the PeteKao characters. Kao is adorable, precious and must be protected! This was a pretty silly story about the pair doing tasks around the city so that they don’t get cursed and break up. It was basically just fluff and I loved it!! Pete is a hot tempered dumb cutie. I can see his behaviour getting annoying, so I’m a little apprehensive about Dark Blue Kiss (their continuation series). Tay and New are great actors, so it was a lot of fun to watch ♥
- Episode 5: Kongphob & Arthit from SOTUS
This was the one I was most excited about! We know at this point I am trash for these characters and actors 😅 Kongphob has graduated and is going to study abroad which causes some tension in their relationship. Arthit wants him to go, but is also afraid that this will be the end of their relationship. The pair were cute and mature in this short story and it was great to see Arthit really coming to terms with his feelings and actually expressing them to Kongphob. 10/10 would recommend this entire series! ♥
2MOONS (2017; 12 episodes):
I tried watching this series a few years ago, but was a bit bored and stopped. However, on rewatch I actually quite enjoyed it. The characters were definitely the reason to watch. Yo and Pha were cute, Ming and Kit were the standouts – we love a shy grump and a confident idiot pairing 😂 – plus Forth was such a sweetheart.
The problem is the pacing and plot. Hardly anything happens and the conflict is pretty much non existent. For the most part we spend our time watching Yo and Pha bicker and realise their feelings. And this is done within the process of the Moon and Star ceremony that takes place in Thai universities. The ending also feels incomplete. If they planned for a second series with this cast, this “ending” wouldn’t have made me want to continue. It makes sense that they have since remade it! (I also didn’t appreciate the constant rape jokes…)
The actors did well, and Pha’s actor is so handsome that he is honestly a solid reason on his own to watch. I was a little confused because they had younger actors to play Pha, Yo, Ming and Kit in high school, but they would also use the main actors… it was strange 😂
Overall, I’m more excited for 2MOON2 mainly because I’ve seen that we get far more plot.
Make It Right (2016; 12 episodes) & Make It Right 2 (2017; 14 episodes):
I don’t really want to talk about these two series because I know I’m going to rant… I’m going to try and keep it very concise and we’re going to bullet point my issues with this series.
Make It Right (s1/s2) follows the lives of several high school students coming to terms with their feelings and sexuality. It’s kind of a dumpster fire…
So, what I did like about Make It Right: Book and Frame. These two characters were a lot more mature and generally talked things through and were there for each other. Certain aspects of their plot could have been handled better, but they were mostly a pleasure to watch. On the whole, this couple were the reason I didn’t go completely insane watching this 😂
What I didn’t like about Make It Right:
- It’s a mess.
- The pacing is weird and certain parts of this series are just boring.
- The main character, Fuse, is a little shit – I think he might be related to Knock from Together With Me. He was so fickle, needy and jealous… while having a girlfriend! 😒
- The two main characters have elder siblings and their plot was just pointless and kind of queerbaited a lesbian story line.
- This was juvenile and dramatic.
- I get that they are in high school, but I think they are 16 and they are always making poop jokes… I know I went to an all girl’s school, but are boys like that?
- The ending was a “non-ending”
- Nothing is wrapped up and nothing is satisfactory and would want me to continue…
But continue I did. This series put me in a bit of a slump, so I knew I needed to watch the second series otherwise I wouldn’t watch anything else. I hate my brain.
What I liked about Make It Right 2: Again, Book and Frame are well acted characters with more depth to them – both individually and together. The new side couple of Lukmo and Yok was unexpected but perfect! Christina was the MVP and we love a supportive best friend! ♥
What I didn’t like about Make It Right 2:
- Tee and Fuse had some cute moments. The problem is I didn’t like them.
- I liked Tee to begin with, but he was a doormat and it got tiring.
- Fuse was a little shit. This boy had a girlfriend for most of the two series… but again would get jealous and needy if someone even looked at Tee.
- I was so done with them, that I even skipped their confession scene.
- Rodtang and Nine were so boring… I basically skipped their scenes.
- There was a lot of problematic behaviour that wasn’t talked about enough.
- There are sex videos being leaked and the boys don’t really care. When it happens to Book, the school doesn’t help and his friends don’t help (apart from Frame of course). There is no conversation here. One of the characters even keeps watching the video… just because he has a porn addiction…
- Even the suicide attempt was barely talked about.
- A teacher nearly has a threesome with a student.
- Cheating was a huge topic, but it wasn’t talked about at all. I was meant to feel sorry for Fuse because his girlfriend was cheating… like bitch you’ve been cheating since episode 1! ugh.
- Lastly, this series did not have to be 14 episodes long. The last 2 dragged out a lot.
I have never skipped parts in a drama, but this was such an awful drama that I didn’t feel bothered. I complained and ranted to my friends about Make it Right so much. I know I’m missing a lot of problematic things, but I just get so annoyed when I think about this drama, so I’m going to leave it here 😂
The only thing that truly makes me happy about this selection was that SOTUS S was great! ♥
What are your thoughts on these dramas?
Thanks for reading! I hope you’re having a lovely day and staying safe~