Remember to stay up to date with the world, listen to those facing atrocities and help spread awareness/donate where you’re able to.
This is another old tag, but when I saw it I thought it would be so fun to do! The original video is no longer available as the creator no longer makes videos on the channel, but is now uploading on AjaReads. However, you can see Elena Reads Books play this here.
As I’m doing this post in December, I thought it would be good to use books that happen around Christmas time… I could on find a couple, but I found some books with snow in the title. It’s an odd mix of books for sure 😂
1. Open book 1 to a random page. Look at the first word on the page. If it’s less than 5 letters, you will go to college. If it’s more than 5 letters, you won’t go to college.
I finished my degree just over 2 years ago and I don’t want to go back, so here’s hoping I don’t have to…
Considering how Mistletoe and Murder is a murder mystery seeing the word “caught” first makes me so happy. This book takes place at Cambridge University where Daisy and Hazel visit Daisy’s brother for Christmas and get caught up in a suspicious death.
As caught is six letters, I don’t have to go back to University or College which is great because I do not feel smart or mentally there to do another degree 😂
2. Open book 1 to a random page. The first name you see. Think of that persons job, that will be your job. Note: Is that person still in school? You will be a teacher. You don’t know that persons job? You will be unemployed.
Daisy is the first name I saw and unfortunately, she is still in school in this instalment (book 5). I feel like I would be a supportive and kind teacher, but actually thinking about it, my anxious and embarrassing self would not survive in a secondary school. I would maybe enjoy working in primary school, but I can imagine it must be so tiring!
3. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be the person you will marry.
I love Esme, but the chance to marry Carlisle is one I would take! That man is so pure and I love him so much ♥
I have loved this man since we first meet him in that doctor’s office in Twilight!
4. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be your best friend.
In Breaking Dawn we are introduced to a plethora of new characters – most of them don’t have a whole lot of depth, but are here to bulk up the numbers to fight against the Volturi.
The new arrival I saw first was Vladimir… great, I get to be besties with a jaded ancient vampire 😂
5. Open book 3 to a random page. Look at the second word on the page. Count how many letters that word has, remove 2 letters. That’s how many children you will have.
“Was” is the first word I saw when I opened to a random page, which means I end up with one.
I don’t want children, but I will happily adopt a fictional child for this post!
6. Book 3. How many children did you have? Open the book as many times to see who your children will be.
I should preface this, Blood Red Snow White is a book set during the 1917 Russian Revolution. So, my child being the Marxist revolutionary Trotsky makes much more sense 😂
7. Book 4. Where does this book take place? This will be the place you will live.
A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas is a novella set after the first trilogy and Feyre is going to celebrate her first Winter Solstice as High Lady of the Night Court.
I would happily live in the Night Court. It’s a beautiful sea side town, so I wouldn’t be homesick for the sea ♥
8. Open book 4 to a random place, the first name you see, does this person have a car, bike etc.? That will be your transportation in life. Note: teleporting, broom etc. is allowed. If your character had no means of transportation that you know of, you will be using public transportation.
The first name I saw was Rhysand, so I’ve got hench wings to fly me everywhere! Plus, he can “winnow” which is basically teleportation. This would make my life so much easier as I use public transport (buses and trains) at least 5 days a week for work and it’s the bane of my existence.
9. Book 5. Does this book have any animals in it? Pick your favourite animal, that will be your pet. No animals in the book? You will have no pet.
A Shiver of Snow and Sky by Lisa Lueddecke is a Scandinavian inspired fantasy. The setting is on the frozen island of Skane and the animals that I remember are a polar bear and an ice dragon.
I get that the bear tried to kill Osa, but at the same time, I’m hoping as my pet they would be super happy and friendly with me! Plus, they would be so warm ♥
Dragons are cool, but bear’s are better~
10. Open book 5 to a random page. The first name you see will be your enemy.
So… I could have got Ivor and we could have had a hate to love relationship – yes I’m taking a lot of liberties with this!
But instead I got the Ør, a barbaric people who are blood thirsty and cruel. I need to get my bear some of Iorek’s armour for the Northern Lights trilogy!
Thanks for reading! What would your bookish future look like?
I hope you’re having a lovely day and staying safe ♥