book, book and more books ♥
- https://getinformed.carrd.co/ This is an incredible carrd with information and resources about many of the issues the world is going through right now!
- I find Twitter an extremely useful tool in finding information about these injustices and ways to help. As well as Change.org for petitions!
This book tag was created by Keeping Tabs & Current Chapter over on YouTube. I thought it looked fun and I had a good time putting together this tag!
There is supposed to be a timed element to this tag, but if I put my time it would be incredibly embarrassing, so we aren’t doing that 😂
1. Do you have a book with a fox on the cover or part of the plot?
Tell me why I thought of my SHINee The Story of the Light albums? All my kpop albums live on my bookshelves so that counts right? 😂
The actual book answer is Gumiho; Kat Cho which is literally nine-tailed fox in Korean. I haven’t read it yet, but it’s definitely one I want to read soon (the sequal also came out recently).
2. Do you have a book that was published the year you were born, or within a 3 year radius?
So, originally I thought Interview with a Vampire was published in the ealry 90’s… yeah I was completely wrong! However, I do own 5 books in this series and it turns out the 5th one which I haven’t read yet was published the year I was born!!
Memnoch the Devil; Anne Rice was published in 1995~
3. Do you have a book with music as a weapon or magic?
Nothing is coming to mind. I have the This Savage Song duology (V. E. Schwab) which has musical instruments on the cover. I don’t know much about these books, so I don’t even know if this is a correct answer… the covers are really pretty!
4. Do you have a series with mismatched covers?
I have a few because I’ve bought some series from different charity book shops. The one I hate the most though are the Vampirates series (Justin Somper) because they changed covers halfway through in the UK (not sure about anywhere else) and they are so ugly. I think I’ve talked about this a lot before, but I’m going to moan about this until I die 😂
5. Do you have a book with a shapeshifter?
The ones I can think of are The Darkest Powers trilogy and the Women of the Underworld (both by Kelley Armstrong). As well as Wolf Pact; Melissa de la Cruz.
All instances are wolves/hounds. I thought I would have more, but then I realised the paranormal/supernatural books I read don’t have shapeshifters – or I just forgot 😂
6. Do you have a book signed by the author?
I have a few instances:
- My first book signing event was at secondary school: Wolf Brother; Michelle Paver
- My second book signing (I went with my sister and her partner. it was for a later book, but I got the first one at the event): Hollow Earth; John and Carole E. Barrowman
- I entered a book giveaway on twitter (through the author) and I’ve won like 2 giveway’s in my life. It’s also my only arc~: A Shiver of Snow and Sky; Lisa Lueddecke
- The others are all from the Skulduggery Pleasant series; Derek Landy. I wanted the pretty version of the The Dying of the Light which I think I had to preorder and have continued to keep the trend. This kind of sucks because I hate Phase 2 so far… 😂
7. Do you have a book with a mostly red cover?
These came to mind:
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell; Susanna Clarke
- Angels’ Blood; Nalini Singh
- Captive Prince; C. S. Pacat
- The Elite; Kiera Cass
8. Do you have a book between 287 – 306 pages?
- Norse Mythology; Neil Gaiman – 304 pages
- An Enchantment of Ravens; Margaret Rogerson – 300 pages
- Midwinterblood; Marcus Sedgewick – 288 pages
9. Do you have a book with a main character who wears glasses?
… These are the types of things I never remember about characters. Apart from Harry Potter…. I won’t highlight the author, so here’s a picture of Daniel Radcliffe looking more like Harry Potter in Kill Your Darlings (with Dane DeHaan) than any of the HP films ♥
10. Do you have a book with a title that has the same number of letters as your first name?
I have 8 letters in my name – Hayleigh
I tried to find more, but my brain started to hurt because I thought a word should be a 8 letters, but wasn’t. I’m so smart 😅😂
11. Do you have a book with cybercrime/technology as a plot point?
No cybercrime, but all I can think of technology-wise is the Illuminae Files; Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff. These books takes place in space, and the technology that truly steers and evolves the plot is the AI – AIDAN. And, I think the big bad corporation would see the work Illuminae does in the series as cybercrime 😂
Oh and The Kingdom; Jess Rothenberg. There a women engineered to be “fantasists” and to make the experience at the Disneyland-esque “Kingdom” the best it can possibly be. They then start to malfunction and question the lies they’ve been told.
Oh and Cinder; Marissa Meyer. A Cinderella retelling about a cyborg girl being a potential cure the deadly plague on her planet, while falling for the prince of course.
Okay I need to stop thinking of the sci-fi books I own 😂
12. Do you have book written in another language or translated to English?
I have several, but these are the one I thought of first:
- Let the Right One In; John Ajvide Lindqvist – was originally published in Swedish, as well as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millenium Trilogy); Stieg Larsson.
- Mottled Dawn; Saadat Hasan Manto – was originally written in Urdu.
- The Diary of a Young Girl – Anne Frank was originally written in Dutch (which was something I learnt from making this post!).
13. Do you have a book written by an Asian author?
- Midnight’s Children; Salman Rushdie – Indian
- Ouran High School Host Club Manga; Bisco Hatori – Japanese
- A Thousand Beginnings and Endings; eds. Ellen Oh & Elsie Chapman – 16 diasporic Asian authors from East and South Asia.
I definitely need to read more! If you have any recommendations let me know ♥
14. Do you have a book with a moon on the cover?
This one was a bit more difficult. I knew for a fact that Wolf Pact has a moon because I used it for the shapeshifter prompt (and I also realised that Bitten also has a tiny moon on the cover ^^”). I wanted to find another, and thankfully, I remembered A Monster Calls; Patrick Ness.
Both versions have a moon on the cover. I read the un-illustrated version and it destroyed me, which belonged to my sister’s partner. I saved up to get the absolutely beautiful illustrated version ♥
15. Do you have an illustrated children’s book?
I have three:
- The Chronicles of Narnia; C.S. Lewis
- The Complete Winnie-the-Pooh; A.A. Milne
- The Complete Tales; Beatrix Potter
I had some more but I gave them to my niece.
16. Do you have a collection of fairy tales or myths?
I used this for a previous answer, but it’s the only one I could think of that isn’t a retelling: Norse Mythology; Neil Gaiman. This one is a collection of myths about the Norse Gods.
17. Do you have a sci-fi/fantasy with an alliance between races?
I can think of two but I’m not sure if they count…
The first is Lord of the Rings; J.R.R. Tolkien in which Hobbits, Elves, Dwarfs, Humans and wizards join together to defeat Sauron.
The second is Aurora Rising; Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff. This is set in space and the characters are human and other alien species. Most species can attend the cadet academy and our rag tag team form an “allience” to help a stranded girl from the past.
18. Do you have a book with a narrow front cover?
(paperback with a front cover that is slightly trimmed shorter/narrower than the rest of the book)
I can’t think of a single one… I know this is something that I’ve seen on contemporary and romance books… and I don’t really read those let alone own them 😂
19. Do you have a book that includes the first chapter of the sequel?
I never really remember things like this because I don’t ever read them. The ones I quickly found were the Vampire Academy Series; Richelle Mead + Blue Bloods Series; Melissa de la Cruz + The Guild Hunter series; Nalini Singh. Weirdly enough they’re all paranormal!
20. Do you have a book with a broken spine?
Most of them!
I read a lot of books in paperback (that’s my preferred format) and if they aren’t the big floppy ones then I will inevitably break the spine. Isn’t that normal though?
What are some of your answers? Is me having cracked spines a bad thing for you?
Thanks for reading! I hope you’re having a lovely day & staying safe ♥
Cool tag! Thanks for sharing! Definitely want to do this one 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you! I look forward to seeing it ❤️