A tiny book tag~
1. Recently Watched: The last book you finished reading.
The last book I read was Virals (Kathy Reichs).
Spoiler alert: I did not enjoy it. The concept of a group of “genius” teens solving a cold case murder and contracting a genetically engineered form of parvo just took the book to whole new levels of ridiculous!
2. Top Picks: A book/ books that have been recommended to you based on the book you have previously read.
I don’t quite understand this question and I don’t feel like I would really enjoy the books that would be recommended from reading Virals haha ^^”
3. Recently Added: The last book you bought
Ooh on Monday I went to a tiny library book sale and bought Rebel Belle (Rachel Hawkins).
4. Popular on Netflix: Books that everyone knows about.
2 you’ve read:
- The Hunger Games; Suzanne Collins. I mean who hasn’t heard of THG?! And oh my gosh, she is coming out with a prequel novel!!!!
- A Game of Thrones; G.R.R Martin.
2 you have no interest in reading:
- Any Jenny Han book. I don’t really read contemporary and the To All The Boys I Loved Before trilogy just sounds cheesy and I’m more likely to watch the film than read them.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – nope. just nope.
5. Comedies: A funny book
My first thought is the Skulduggery Pleasant books (Derek Landy) because they can be hilarious, but they also broke my heart in several places.
Darn you Derek!
Oh, Sophie Kinsella’s books are normally funny! I especially like Undomestic Goddess.
6. Dramas: A character who is a drama queen/king.
I read a lot of YA, so literally all of them haha
The first character that comes to mind is Kenji from the Shatter Me series (Tahereh Mafi). To be honest Warner fits into this as well 😂
7. Animated: A book with cartoons on the cover
I have the graphic novel books of the Howl’s Moving Castle film and the Spirited Away film (Hayao Miyazaki) and it has stills from the film on the covers.
They are so pretty and I would definitely recommend getting them if you love those film as I do.
8. Watch it again: A book/book series that you want to re-read
I read Pride and Prejudice every year (last year I read it about 5 times… I needed it!) but I still haven’t gotten to it yet. I NEED to read it! I want my Lizzie and Darcy fix haha
9. Documentaries: A non-fiction book you’d recommend to everyone
I don’t really read non-fiction… Does Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops (Jen Campbell) count? It does now :p
This is a funny collection of tiny anecdotes bookshop workers have had with customers.
10. Action and Adventure: An action packed book
Illuminae (Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff). I talk about these books way too often but these books are so action packed and I feel like an adrenaline junkie when reading these books! 😂
11. New Releases: A book that just came out or will be coming out soon that you can’t wait to read.
I’ve heard so many people loving Sorcery of Thorns (Margaret Rogerson). I own it and I’m so excited to get into it!! I think it’s a love to hate with magic. My body is READY!
Thanks for reading! I hope you are having a lovely day~