I really want to be positive, but this post will have to start with the not so positive.
I am a 3rd year University student, and I’m currently studying in Ireland for a year. I have never been good at time management and in 3 days, I wrote three essays. I basically became an owl. Also, protip: don’t be me. Writing 7000 words (and doing book research) in 3 days is not healthy for you.
My anxiety (and depression) get worse around exam time. I’m also a little hesitant to go home during holidays as well, which doesn’t help my brain.
Anxiety is something I will live with for the rest of my life, and if I really think about it, I have come so far from how I was.
Also, side note – how am I supposed to take my anti-depressants in the morning? When I get anxious/depressed, I don’t see the morning! 😅
Kim Jonghyun, the lead singer of SHINee committed suicide. I was going to write a post on this, but it honestly hurts too much. SHINee are my favourite group and even though I don’t know them, and have never met them, I love them. I can’t imagine how alone Jonghyun felt to have done this. And this is where I am going to end this, because I can feel myself fighting the tears.
4 in our sights, 5 in our hearts ❤
Jonghyun was an advocate for love and bettering yourself, and I want to do just that. I’m not perfect, no-one is and this journey will take a long time and there will be setbacks, but I want to try.
So, here are my 10 resolutions (not for the year, but for the foreseeable future) and they may be small and boring, but my mind needs small to get the motivation for the big things.
- Speak my mind/don’t be afraid to talk
- Embrace my appearance
- When I insult myself, I’m insulting my parents and I should be proud of my features that resemble theirs.
- Become a morning person (this honestly might be the hardest… 😂)
- Write at least one blog post a week
- Film/Upload at least 2 videos per week
- Don’t leave essays until the last minute (ooh we have another contender for the hardest 😂)
- Read 50-100 pages a day
- Go to all of my classes (erm… we can do this Hayleigh!)
- Don’t be stressed or put down by the opinions/imagined opinions of people who don’t know me
- Smile more
And there we have it. Hopefully, I can progress as a person by doing these things and be more content with my mind and life. What are some of your resolutions?
Oh and dramathon2… what’s that?! pffft 😂
Thank you for reading~