U-Kwon is my Joker haha 😜
I saw this video on Basically Britt and it’s an original tag~
Even though I have only seen one incarnation of the Joker (Heath Ledger) and I don’t care about superheroes/the plethora of superhero (and now villain) films, the questions of these tags are very well thought out and I wanted to do them, so I will haha 😂
1. Arthur Fleck: Arthur has to deal with his mental illness – Name a book that features a character that also has a mental illness or mental health issues.
Two come to mind. The first is Helen Hoang’s debut novel The Kiss Quotient. This book follows a woman – Stella – with Asperger’s who hires a male escort to teach her the ways of sex and ultimately relationships.
The next one is Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows who has PTSD. I find that in a lot of high fantasy this is the mental illness that is more common than others.
2. The tear: Arthur’s single tear – Name a book that made you cry.
… I’m a giant baby and lots of books make me cry. In September I read 3 books in a row and cried reading each! In all three of the books I was forced to sit through a character death that just broke my heart:
The Fifth Season; N.K. Jemisin – Crooked Kingdom; Leigh Bardugo – Thunderhead; Neal Shusterman
3. The painful laugh: Arthur has to endure this painful laugh until it’s over – Name a book that you had to force yourself through but couldn’t DNF.
The Calling; Kelley Armstrong. I wanted to DNF this book so badly. It was boring and just plain pointless. However, it’s the second book in the Darkness Rising trilogy and wanted to read the third book just see the characters from the first trilogy.
I wanted to see Chloe and Derek ♥
4. Sophie: Arthur’s love interest – Name a book that features a character that you’d want to date.
How do I choose one??
My main character crush is probably Mr Darcy, but I doubt I would like him in real life because I’d probably be too shy and scared of him haha 😂
Or Carlisle Cullen! He’s my favourite Cullen and deserves an award for being so lovely and nice and putting up with Bella and Edward haha
Ooh Jem Carstairs! ♥
… I need to stop thinking about this question ^^”
5. Thomas Wayne: The rich and powerful business owner – Name a book that features a very rich and powerful character.
I mean most of the characters in Gossip Girl are very rich (brats 😂). And there are some powerful characters in their lives. I’ve read the first book, but my main impression comes from the tv programme and Bart Bass is both of these things.
6. Penny Fleck: Arthur’s mother who’s looking for help from an old friend – Name a book that features a character who’s desperately looking for help.
Ooh this one is hard. I tend to read a lot of fantasy or urban/supernatural fantasy where the characters do need help, but it’s never ‘desperately’…
I suppose you could say that there is some desperation in finding the Welsh King in the Raven Cycle; Maggie Stiefvater. That seems like a little bit of a stretch though…
7. Murray Franklin: The famous comedian/talk show host – Name a book that’s about a celebrity.
I recently read Daisy Jones & the Six; Taylor Jenkins Reid. This is a collection of interviews with the members of an old “iconic” band. The other I can think of Anne Rice’s The Vampire Lestat in which Lestat is a rock star.
I don’t really like books with celebrities in.
8. The running: Arthur runs a lot from and to people – Name a book that you flew through.
The Illuminae Files; Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff! I tended to read these books in either one or two sittings. The mixed media, fast paced plot and great characters makes these books incredibly quick to read!
I tend not to go for sci-fi, but these books are wonderful! I would highly recommend this trilogy!
9. The Joker look: The iconic colourful hair, makeup and suit – Name a book with a very colourful cover.
Due to the genres I read, a lot of my books aren’t that colourful. A lot of the children’s books I own are colourful, such as my Beatrix Potter collection, A Series of Events; Lemony Snicket and the Ladybird series; Jenny McLachlan.
10. The dancing on the stairs: Arthur finally transforms into the Joker and feels confident after a dark time – Name a book that finally got you out of a reading slump.
If I have a reading slump I will always pick up Pride & Prejudice. Such a shocker 😂
Or I pick up any audiobook. If I’m in a slump because of anxiety, audiobooks are a great way to almost force myself to read and keep reading. I find the time goal to be more easier to achieve than pages if I’m slumpy.
11. The bloody smile: The Joker finally shows a genuine smile (even though it’s for all the wrong reasons) – Name a book that made you smile.
I’ve read a couple of Terry Pratchett’s discworld novels and these are always witty and absurd, which means I’m always smiling! The ones I love are the Moist Von Lipwig books and Snuff (I really want to read the other books with Sam Vimes!)
Did you enjoy this tag?
Thank you for reading! I hope you’re having a lovely day~