Over here doing tags I haven’t been tagged in haha~
I saw this tag on Book Bum and you can see their post here ^^
It looked fun, so I wanted to give it a go~
1. What are your top 3 bookish pet peeves?
- When booksellers put stickers on book covers that can’t be easily peeled off
- Book cover changes halfway through a series publication!
2. Name a perfect reading spot?
I can read anywhere, but my favourite places to read are quiet, warm places where I can curl up (and then subsequently do weird poses to get comfy haha ^^”).
Ooh and I’ve always wanted to have a room with a window seat! I see them in films and I’m so jealous!!
3. Give 3 reading confessions
- I love reading negative reviews. They are always so witty and funny. I do it with all the books I read, even if I love the book!
- I get anxiety over endings, so a lot of my series are unfinished because I need to be in a specific frame of mind to delve into the last book.
- If I need to stop reading (to you know sleep haha) I check to see if the chapter I’m on ends okay for the characters. So, if there is action that continues onto the next chapter or something drastic happens, I have to continue to see if my fictional children are okay haha ^^”
4. When was the last time you cried during a book?
Last month I read Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman (13.01.19 – 14.01.19) and I sobbed… SOBBED!!
5. Number of books on your bedside table?
I tend to read two books at a time, so one tends to live on my bedside -shelf- and one in my bag that I take everywhere (and they often alternate during the reading process).
6. Favourite reading snack?
I don’t tend to read and eat, if I do it will be sweets.
7. What are 3 books you’d recommend to anyone?
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen – I know that this isn’t for everyone, but it’s my favourite book of all time so I’m gonna want everyone to read it haha
- The Book Thief – Markus Zusak – I read this during puberty and I still think about this book, over 10 years later.
- A Monster Calls – Patrick Ness – I read this book after my mum passed away and this book blew me away and melted me into a sobbing mess at the same time. I read it in one sitting. I think it would be insightful for those who’ve lost and those who haven’t.
8. Provide a picture of your bookshelf
I went home for my birthday and remembered to take a picture of my bookshelves for this post! Sorry it’s not the best, but it’s the best out of all the crappy pics I took haha ^^”
Also, Darcy kept photo-bombing and being a large blob haha ♥
9. How much do books mean to you in 3 words?
Can’t live without.
10. Biggest reading secret?
… I can’t think of anything… I’m never ashamed over what I read or my thoughts on a book!
Do you have reading secrets?
Thanks for reading! I hope you are having a lovely day~