The Ultimate Book Tag by Megan over on Goodreads – it’s an old tag, but you know I’m always late to the party haha :p
- Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yes, but audiobooks are my saviour on long car/bus rides.
- Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I recently read Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi and it was written in a way I haven’t come across before and it’s a rather difficult style to explain.
- Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Not going to lie, I’d choose the Twilight Saga. I love Harry Potter, the characters and world are amazing and I spent nearly half of my life in that world (I’m 23 and still hoping my letter to Hogwarts comes haha), but I’m currently re-reading the Twilight Saga and I just find it so much fun to read. The characters, especially the vampires are so fascinating, I mean the Volturi alone need a book or series! To be honest I want all the Cullens to have a single book of their life too and they can all link and it would be wonderful!! Judge me, it’s okay~
- Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I generally always have a book in my bag, so there’s that, my purse, bottle of water, notepad and pen and deodorant. Plus whatever else I throw in. I’m so interesting haha
- Do you smell your books?
- Books with or without little illustrations?
If an author or editor wants to put illustrations, then I’m not against it!
- What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
The Darren Shan saga is one of those. But even so I still enjoy reading them and love the concept and characters, so it’s not always a bad thing.
- Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
It’s not a funny story, because I can’t think of one haha ^^” But when I was in Year 8, Deathly Hallows came out and we had a form time thing and while half the class watched a film, the other half read (I wonder which group I was in haha :p)
- What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling stands at 109 pages.
- What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The Norton Anthology of Poetry. This beast is just over 2000 pages!
- Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Yes, I do. I used to, but now nope. I never finish anything and I don’t think I write well, I just enjoy doing it haha
- When did you get into reading?
I’ve always loved reading. My dad says that I could read the basics before I went to primary school (which here in England is 4-11yrs). My love really blossomed during juniors in primary school and early secondary school when I would read to my mum ♥
- What is your favorite classic book?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I adore this book! I’ve reread it 3 times so far this year and two of those were in May.
- In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
It was one of my best subjects, but I was slightly better in History and R.E. I’m not so good with poetry and analysis.
- If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
Thank them and accept it. They went to the effort of getting me something and I don’t want to hurt their feelings.
- What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy is similar to Harry Potter in that Valkyrie discovers she belongs in a world of magic around the same age as Harry and fights against evil.
It’s a series that you should definitely check out because it’s fantastic!
- What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Erm, I don’t film… I’ve been anxious about picking up a camera for the last couple of months…
- What is your favorite word?
It’s either doughnut because its fun to say and I call my dog one or parsley, which rhymes with Darcy (my dog) and it features heavily in my song about my dog hahaha I’m so sad ^^” ooh I also like ‘renaissance’ haha
- Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
One moment, just popping over to Urban Dictionary
Okay, I’m back! I’m a nerd and a dweeb haha
- Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires. They are so much better! I never reach for a fairy story, but vampires will always have a special place in my reader heart!
- Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. I like angels, but I haven’t read many books on them. Whereas I love Kelley Armstrong’s fantasy books, which prominently feature shapeshifters.
- Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. However, I like the more loose and different modern versions of the lore.
- Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires. I don’t like zombies. I don’t get the point of them.
- Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
As long as they are written well, I like both. I mean I read YA, so the love triangles tend to involve forbidden love :p
- AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Recently I have been enjoying romance books, however, Fantasy/Urban fantasy is my favourite genre, so I love action packed plots with added romance more.
Do you agree or disagree with me? Let me know. Tag, you’re it!
Thanks for reading! I hope you are having a lovely day~