So #ReadathonByZoe was the 03.03.18, but I don’t have my shit together, so I did it a day late! Skip to weeks later and here are my results haha ^^”
So, I’ve been in a youtube slump, but I’ve been doing a lot of reading lately, so I wanted to combine these and hopefully my anxiety let’s me double these up. Here are my results:
- Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian
- I’m starting out the readathon with 15% done.
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- I’m listening to this one on audiobook, as I’m too anxious to read it aloud in my room hahaha ^^”
- The Gathering
- I’m starting the readathon 121/359.
So… the readathon didn’t go so well, but I read two books, so I’m not too upset.
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Shakespeare
- I love this play so much! The whimsical, yet mischievous nature to the plot makes for a bumpy, hilarious and overall incredibly enjoyable ride.
- Deja Dead – Kathy Reichs
- I went into this thinking it would be amazing, unfortunately I was very disappointed by the end. Even without considering the tv series ‘Bones’ (which is based on these books), I felt that the characters were interchangeable and the plot was interesting, but lacked humanity. I understand that Reichs is an anthropologist, but the clinical nature of the book didn’t fully allow me to throw myself into the plot.
I would also like to point out that I have finally finished Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian, I loved it. The battle scenes were incredible and the plot twist was something I didn’t see coming, which I always love! I didn’t finish it until a couple of days ago, but I thought I’d mention it here. I mean, I’m a shambles of a person, so it stands to reason my endeavours would be as well haha 🙂
I’m still in the same place with The Gathering… *shhh*
Thanks for reading! I hope you are having a lovely day~